Sunday, September 16, 2007

Destined to become Firestarter


Wollmeise Sock Yarn: "Bob"
Originally uploaded by elemmaciltur

Okay, to kick this Sock-Along (SAL??) off, I thought that I should start posting a bit, even though I haven't cast-on for the socks yet. (Although the yarn's wound up into a lovely yarn-cake already).

Anyway, for those of you who are asking what Wollmeise colourway this is...it's the seasonal colourway "Bob" that the Wollmeise dyed up this summer. According to the Wollmeise's blog entry, Bob is supposed to have a reggae feel to it....but I find the colour perfect to represent fire....

Even though Yarnissima refers to the song, for me, the name "Firestarter" reminds me of the movie. And for some reason, I feel that Bob is the perfect candidate for this pattern. :-)

All that's left now is for me to cast-on and start knitting away on this.

So, what are you waiting for? Come on and join in on the fun!!!!

5 comments:

peaknits said...

Ooooh, that colorway is going to be awesome - it might start feeling like a Wollmeise-along:) Double yay! (i am guessing Bob is retired - ah Bob Marley - clever!)Can't wait to see more, even just that yummy cake your teasing us with!!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Bob is killer, love it!!

Jennie said...

Can't wait to see Bob in action. :)

WonderMike said...

Great Choice, Victor!!!

gilraen said...

I have to add that colour to my wish list!!!! Even if I have to wait until next summer for it! :) Wonderful!!