Sunday, September 23, 2007

Detangling and winding

Thank you for your comments. It took me only about an hour for the rest of the skein.
Then (of course) the whole thing had to be rewound because it was a little off. It looks very much like the Suzanne cake photo.
being the glutton for punishment that I am, I also started winding 1375 yds of merino lace. happily they divide the whole skein in half and my Mom came in to help with the second half. of course, she is taking the socks on my needles a payment.
Just a general question - doesn't it make you feel awesome when someone you care about not only loves the socks you made them (and agonized over getting just so) but literally steals the socks on your needles (cause they are just a smidgen too large for your own feet).
My mom really made me feel happy about knitting socks this weekend. (although she still things the lace work and design patterns for socks are wasted - oh well maybe she won't steal my Firestarters!!!
edited to add - here's a link for a homemade swift.

1 comment:

Cinnamonamon said...

That's so sweet! And I came across that swift link recently... and one that you build from tinker toys!