Saturday, September 22, 2007

The yarn is here


My yarn arrived in short order but I am currently in the middle of a sanction that I gave myself. I started a shawl for a neighbor in the spring and some how those lazy days of summer got in my way. She watched my dog for me when I was visiting my oldest son and family in TX way back in March so I have to finish before I start these socks. Things should go fast now autumn has arrived. speaking of Autumn, look at the color of the yarn. It's Trekking XXL from Germany. I love the way it squishes. I also have some reservations about the pattern. I have never done a toe up sock and it looks like this might not be the best one to start on..Oh well, it looks like I have lots of people to give assistance. I love the yarns I am seeing and can hardly wait to see the finished products.

2 comments:

Cinnamonamon said...

Too cool! I picked up some Trekking to make these as well (I'm going to attempt to do 2 pair -- one for a buddy)... It looks like it's nice to work with!

Morticcia said...

That is so yummy looking, can't wait to see it knit up. I'm so jealous of everyone's major sock yarn stash!