Saturday, September 22, 2007

One small toe...

After an inordinate amount of wrangling (and an excess amount of hair pulling) I finished my first toe! I'm using Lorna's Sheperd Sock yarn for the first time. The colorway is Gold Hill. I'm in love with it. Whad'ya think?



Long story short, I was so frustrated by the pattern I wound up emailing Marjan in the wee hours of the morning yesterday with some concerns I had with the pattern directions. Later on when I was more fully in control of myself I regretted my impetuosity but I get so wound up reading patterns. Hopefully you guys wont give me the pain in the butt award and kick me to the curb. :-P. Oh, and if anyone needs any help getting over the toe, I'd be glad to help.

Now that I've begun the foot and given up trying to use my new Lantern Moon Sox Stix I'm having no problems. Thanks Peaknit for letting me join. And kudos to all the posters so far. Great yarn choices!

4 comments:

knittingma said...

I love the colorway! I was looking at this yarn and this exact colorway the other day. I'm sure it's gonna be beautiful!

Linda said...

The yarn and toe look great! I love that colorway too. Also, ask away if you need help translating the pattern, I needed to just through some hoops to get my head around it, then it is basically pretty straight forward.

Cinnamonamon said...

Love the color. I know what you mean about getting manic over patterns...we'll see how I do! lol

Jennie said...

I must agree with what everyone's said, the colorway is really pretty!:)