Originally uploaded by elemmaciltur
Last Friday, when I was knitting the Firestarter, I was in denial. I noticed that something was wrong....but kept knitting. Two rows further, I saw that I twisted the middle cable too early. I told myself that I could live with it. Seven rows further, I decided that I could not and put it away for a while.
This evening I thought that I would be able to fix it by just dropping down the cable stitches and knit them back up again....
....yeah, not fun at all. I picked up about two rows and gave up on it. The combination of braiding/cabling with the twisted stitches aren't the easiest to fix...especially not with a circular dangling down and trying to knit with two DPNs in a very confined space with small strands of yarns going everywhere.
I ended up just pulling out all the needles and frogged back...and painfully picked up and knit all the stitches again.
But alas, I picked up the stitches wrong again. And this time I decided that I definitely can live with it. Because I know that if I have to rip this back again, the sock will definitely be sent into the same pile my Vinnland's living in right now.
Just for an FYI, I frogged this sock totally once already and re-knit the whole thing. So, this is my second time knitting it up.