Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not much to show


Firestarter: Progress
Originally uploaded by elemmaciltur

Start: 23rd September 2007, frogged and restarted 03rd October 2007
Finish: WIP
Yarn: Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Sockenwolle, colourway "Bob"
Needle: 2.5 mm / 80 cm Addi Turbos
Pattern: Firestarter by Yarnissima via The Loopy Ewe
Modifications: I need to modify the stitches to make it fit my foot. 72 stitches instead of the 60 stitches from the pattern and one extra cable repeat before the gusset increase.

So, here's my meagre progress on my Firestarter. I didn't get too far because I was hell bent on finishing my Swallowtail. Not that the Firestarter's going to get any faster because Swallowtail is finished, since I still have other stuff on the needles that I want to get off first.

Anyhow, I like the way my Firestarter is looking. And hanging out with Bockstark Knits had rubbed off the tight-knit on me again....and I have to say that I really like how the fabric's feeling knitted so tight like this.

Now I'm just praying that I won't have problems with the heel turn because I modified the stitch count.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Cinnamonamon said...

Looks great! I hope you don't have issues at the heel turn, either. I think I'll be turning mine early; it's funny how vastly different the fit of a sock can be!

sharon said...

That looks really good!
The heel turn shouldn't be a problem provided you increase and decrease evenly. I would guess you need a few increases in the gusset. Lovely colourway!

Unknown said...

I love how it's turning out. (And Bockstark's too!)

I started my Rhabarber Firestarters too so I'll be looking to see how yours is going. But I figured I'd need to add one more cable repeat on the foot before messing with the gusset section too.

Fabienne said...

they look awesome! yay for time for socks!

Morticcia said...

They look perfect. I love knitting tightly but I don't have the patience with this pattern. So mucho project envy from this gal.

Marie Adeline said...

They are just perfect, I love your blog to.
Have a great knitting time.
Marimi