Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Redirect

So I cast on my Firestarter using my Socks that Rock (STR) mill end (the thought now is that it's the Marbles colorway). The short row toe is okay, but it did remind me why I don't like them as my ends look messy. Next time I'm going back to my prefered Judy's Magic Cast On. (Also using 2 circs 'cause I didn't have a 2.75 mm circular that was long enough.)

Unfortunately, this colorway is starting to do that fat striping thing that can happen with STR. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I think it's obscuring the cable twists.

I guess I can call this a swatch and frog. My only problem now is that I'll have to swatch some other sock yarns first. Maybe a more semi-solid medium weight STR (but I don't want to use the colors I do have)? Dream in Color Smooshy? My Wollmeise, but then, which one? The only 2 that I think I'd want to try are Rhabarber and Raku-Regenbogen.

Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

Cinnamonamon said...

uh, isn't that the worst? i'm finally ready to cast on for mine...but i have to wind my ball first...by hand! ugh. if it doesn't work out i'll be so annoyed! i hope one of your other yarns work better for you; i agree that the thick pooling will probably take away from the pattern a lot.

peaknits said...

I agree with you on on using a yarn that doesn't obscure the pattern as much - since I had started on something busier and thought - this much efort needed to be easily recognized:) I vote Rhubarber - my favorite!