Saturday, October 13, 2007

just got here

Hello everyone!

So, I was not sure if I would be able to tackle the Yarnissima's lovely Firestarter pattern because of my avoidance of twisted stitches and cables, but here I am. ;)

DSCN3700

This is the first sock and I am so happy with how it is working out. I should have left off one of the cable medallion repeats in order to fit me a bit better, but this pair might just be a gift for my sis, who has slightly bigger feet than I do.

The yarn is from Lime and Violet 100% merino in the Sideshow edition - Jane the Giantess. I love how it is working with the pattern, even if it is a bit thinner than the recommended STR and Wollmeise.

(Thanks for the invite, Fabz. :)

Cheers!

---Olivia

6 comments:

Fabienne said...

yay! these are looking rockin', and welcome to the kal. thanks again peaknits for starting the kal because i definitely was inspired to finish faster.

Elemmaciltur said...

Yay! Glad you joined!

peaknits said...

I'm so glad you joined too - so you could show off your awesome firestarters - they are hot! pun intended:)

Heather said...

They are looking great keep knitting! :)

Morticcia said...

I love the muted hues of the colorway. The sock looks great.

Unknown said...

Your sock is looking lovely. I love that colorway.